I love my job. Of course there are downsides to being a professional personal branding photographer. And running your own business is not for the faint-hearted. But on balance, there isn’t anything else I would rather do. And here are the reasons why:
- The creativity.. It’s not only the photography aspect with professional personal branding shoots. It’s also the brainstorming of ideas with the client beforehand. And the outfit choices – working out what will send the best message and look fantastic. It’s about coming up with a great location. And discussions about the look of the client’s brand (brand icons, colours, and their personal style). On the day of the shoot, it’s about arranging the office or location to look its best and communicating the right message. And creating and shooting great product shots and flat lays. Really, there is no end to the creative involvement of a personal branding shoot. I get to be stylist, artist, interior designer and photographer all in one.
- Being helpful. Many people are shy about getting in front of their brand. So it takes a lot for them to book a photoshoot and do just that. I’m here to help them every step of the way. From getting clarity on their brand. To helping work out how to best communicate what they wish to. And gently guiding them through the photoshoot. While watching them become more confident and relaxed and revealing more about their characters. For people who are finding this process difficult, I am really able to help and make a difference to their brands. And I find that very rewarding 🙂
- The variety. I get the amazing opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, including entrepreneurs, executives, authors, architects, artists, and professionals from various industries. It’s never boring, and along with my corporate work, gives me an amazing insight into industries and jobs I really would otherwise know nothing about. So it really expands my own horizons and knowledge and for this I am grateful.
- The connection. I love connecting with people – it’s one of my core values. And the key to successful professional Personal Branding photography is being able to do that, and quickly. To rapidly grasp the essence of the person and help them craft their brand look. And then being trusted with communicating the best version of themselves to the world. It requires that you really establish a great connection. (Fortunately, that’s my superpower!)
- And finally, I am able to build on that connection and develop ongoing relationships with my clients. As I am a portrait photographer who also undertakes family portraits, portraits of women, teens and weddings. So, often, my personal branding clients commission me for other work and it leads to an ongoing collaborative relationship. I get to capture joyous moments in their lives and build relationships with people. Which is deeply rewarding.
As a professional personal branding photographer, I work very hard. Because the hours are long and being ‘on’ all the time and making people feel relaxed and happy can be draining. But I love my work and the connection, creativity and variety make it the best job in the world for me.
So if you are ready to get visible with Personal Brand Portraits, I would love to help!
For more information or to make a booking for Personal Branding Photography London, or for other professional photography services in London, please contact us at our West London Studio on email@example.com or on +44 (0)7415 792499. Or click here to fill out a contact form.
“Photography through the lens of a storyteller”
PERSONAL BRANDING PHOTOGRAPHER